Why you should support Tenaya Wallace
After the election of Trump, constituents feel radicalized. People want to DO something and are taking action. At this moment in time we don’t need politicians to fight for us, we need representatives who mobilize and activate constituents.
With a Master’s in Public Policy from UCLA and a bachelor’s in Political Science from Tulane University, Tenaya Wallace has spent her career engaging people.
Tenaya designs public engagement campaigns for the public, private and non-profit sectors, including the City of Santa Monica, the Irvine and Hewlett Foundations, Donate Life, Starlight Children’s Foundation and Raytheon. Tenaya now consults with companies to engage employees through a program she created, “Find the Why.” Wallace served nearly four years on the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council and was outreach chair for the Venice Neighborhood Council formation committee.
Tenaya grew up in what was the 34th congressional district, before re-districting and is:
- the mother of two kids, ages 8 and 10
- a fierce ally to the LBGTQ community
- a cancer survivor who depends on the ACA to have health care coverage with a pre-existing condition
- a beneficiary of medicinal marijuana during cancer treatment, and supports recreational use
- a vocal environmentalist with a background in environmental policy
Who your money will go to
Jan 5 2017