I am a long time friend of technology, good public education, a strong supporter of labor and investment in a workforce for tomorrow's needs. And I am writing to ask you to kindly sponsor my campaign for MAYOR, city of New York, 2017.
My name is Abbey Laurel-Smith, I am campaigning as SmithieForMayor, and my campaign slogan is built around one word - that is, "ReBuildNewYork."
"ReBuildNewYork," because as Mayor I promise to carry out a set of reforms.
These reforms are unique, they are overdue, and the good thing about them is that they are designed to help prepare the poor, the middle class, city landlords and small businesses out of economic uncertainty brought on them by technology, smart gadgets and robotics.
First on my list of reform is the engine that secures economy and drives economic activities, SECURITY. That is why I promise a "total reform" of the NYPD!
As Mayor, I will:
- bring the NYPD into the 21st century, put an end to a practice that treat New Yorkers as if living in the Jewish gettho of the Venetian republic.
- reform the organizational structure so it is brought up to par with standards of the 21st century.
- streamline operational standards and focus of the NYPD, so training, equipments, data uplink and manners of policing our streets could be deployed to where and when needed.
- Nepotism will be actively weeded out of the force. It is a bad recruitment practice that not only affect admin, courtesy and professionalism, it is also against the constitution.
- Housing affordability for young recruits is another problem that needs to be addressed.
As at now, the NYPD is parading itself as a force rather than as a body providing service to the community - as prescribed by the Oath of Allegiance, the Constitution and the city's Charter.
And since we are no longer in the 1950's, we need to mold the NYPD into such a force that is capable of tackling challenges of this millennium. That is why I am campaigning today.
I sincerely hope you'll donate to help my campaign reach this goal.
With warm regards,
Show your support for this campaign by endorsing it and sharing why!
Thank you for endorsing this campaign!
Abbey Laurel-Smith endorsed
“Of his determination and commitment to do good for the benefit of all.”
May 12, 2017