I'm Mark and I am running for U.S. Congress in Missouri's 2nd Congressional District. I'm running because there is a lack of vision and courage. As an Army officer, we are trained to lead and find solutions with no excuses...Washington should act the same way. I want to bring this leadership and service background to a listless Congress that currently has the fewest veterans since World War II.
After graduating from the University of Missouri-Columbia, I enlisted in the Army, and served two combat tours in Afghanistan as an artillery officer. After the second deployment, I used the GI Bill to attend George Washington University, earning a Masters of Public Administration in the evenings. During the day, I worked for fantastic leaders in Sen. McCaskill, Sen. Duckworth, and the House Armed Services Committee on national defense and veteran’s issues. Today, I'm now a Civil Affairs Officer in the Army Reserve.
The current incumbent, Rep. Ann Wagner has sadly been out of touch and AWOL. She has never participated in a debate, held a town hall, and does not represent where the District is going.
What I want to accomplish:
- I support a Single Payer Healthcare System to lower premiums & expand coverage to all, regardless of income
- Make education affordable once again by reintroducing public funding to universities/trade schools & offer universal early childhood education
- End gun violence by adopting the common-sense reforms proposed by Mom’s Demand Action
- Eliminate the opioid crisis by addressing it as a public health concern with treatment, education, & pharmaceutical oversight—not incarceration
- Create bold solutions to persistent security issues by refocusing our global military commitments, return accountability to defense spending, & ensure our actions abroad reflect our values at home
Rep. Ann Wagner was a professional GOP fundraiser before transitioning to her tailor-made drawn District. With your backing and support...we can bring new leadership to D.C.
Together, let's go win this!
Show your support for this campaign by endorsing it and sharing why!
Thank you for endorsing this campaign!
March 9, 2018