I was elected to the Williamston Community Schools Board of Education on Jan. 1, 2017 for a six-year term expiring Dec. 31, 2022. I currently serve as board Treasurer, I chair the facilities subcommittee and I sit on the policy and finance subcommittees. In addition, I am the board liaison to the Williamston Community Schools Foundation. As a result of my vote to accept and support students regardless of their gender identity, I am being targeted for recall.
I am a career educator and experienced school board member who has a proven commitment to public schools. While I have served on the Williamston Board of Education our schools have continued a tradition of excellence. I am proud of our schools and the work of our students and staff. As a third generation resident of the district, I love the Williamston Community and am asking for the opportunity to continue working for our students, staff and community as a school board trustee. Please support me if:
- You are proud of Williamston Community Schools and want to support the great things that are happening here;
- You want to support all of our students, including students who are members of the LGBTQ community;
- You are tired of elections and public policy being determined by fear-mongering and misinformation;
- You want to embrace a spirit of hope and optimism in developing board policy;
- You want your school board to stand up for all students, even when it's difficult or unpopular.
Your contribution will help me to get accurate information to the Williamston Community and enable my neighbors to vote based on facts, not fear and misinformation. You may contribute via credit card by entering an amount to the right.
If you prefer to write a check, please write it to:
Sarah Belanger for Williamston Board of Education
Checks can be mailed to 625 N. Putnam Street, Williamston, MI 48895.
If you want to stay current regarding my campaign, please follow me on Facebook.
Thank you for your support!
Sarah Belanger for Williamston Board of Education. Committee #46674. 625 N. Putnam Street, Williamston, MI 48895.