Trails where you want to go
My wife, three young kids and I love walking and riding bikes to get around, but finding a safe route is sometimes hard. Many of our urban trails stop just short of important destinations, missing connections in some cases by a mere 80 yards. Building better trails means a safer, healthier, and more fun Bend.
I have been an active community volunteer for many years in Bend. I am a member of the City's Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC), so I know Bend's transportation challenges. I also serve as the board president of Bend Bikes, a grassroots nonprofit dedicated to making it easier and safer to get around town by bike. Three years as a budget committee member for the Bend Park and Recreation District means I know how the parks board of directors works.
This is my first political campaign and I am committed to winning. Your campaign contribution will have a huge impact on this lean and effective campaign. I will use your contribution to reach voters with things like printed literature, lawn signs, and social media advertising. I will never waste your money on things like robocalls.
Trust, Accountability, and Affordability:
In Summer 2019, the district will begin construction on the Larkspur Community Center. My experience as a district budget committee member will help me provide oversight and demand accountability to keep this project—the largest in district history—on schedule and on budget. I am committed to projects with a clear public benefit and support changing developer fees to make Bend more affordable.
Fair Opportunity and Natural Areas:
Everyone deserves a fair opportunity to enjoy our parks. As a volunteer coach, I know it will be important to expand Kids Inc. when school start times change next year. I support making needs-based assistance programs more accessible. I also support conserving the district’s important natural environments and open spaces throughout the city, including riparian areas along the Deschutes River and Tumalo Creek.
- Brady Fuller, Director, Bend Park and Recreation District
- Gena Goodman-Campbell, Councilor, City of Bend
- Nathan Hovekamp, Director, Bend Park and Recreation District
- Sterling McCord, Owner, Bend Electric Bikes
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters
- Deschutes County Democratic Party
Being a parent is one of the most important jobs that I have. My family recently honored me (possibly in recognition of my dad jokes) with a coffee mug that reads, “World’s Better Than Average Dad.” I'm grateful to know that they think I'm on the right track!
- Bend Park and Recreation budget committee member
- City of Bend Citywide Transportation Advisory Committee member
- Bend Bikes board president
- Bear Creek Elementary School PTO volunteer
- Soccer coach
- Site Council member, Bear Creek Elementary School (former)
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Central Oregon Latino Mentor Program (former)
- PhD, Political Science, Stanford University
- MA, International Relations and International Economics, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS)
- BA, Politics, UC Santa Cruz
Show your support for this campaign by endorsing it and sharing why!
Thank you for endorsing this campaign!
April 10, 2019
This campaign is well on its way to winning this election! My opponent just hired some professional campaign staffers. In contrast, my campaign is lean, efficient, and powered 100% by well-organized volunteers. I could really use your support. Would you consider chipping in to help me reach my new goal?