Meet Arnold Schwarzenegger in Budapest to Terminate Gerrymandering Official Rules
Important: By participating in the Meet Arnold Schwarzenegger in Budapest to Terminate Gerrymandering Opportunity Drawing (the “Opportunity Drawing”), you agree to be bound by the Official Rules below and represent that you satisfy all eligibility requirements. The Opportunity Drawing is void where prohibited.
Entrants must follow form instructions and complete all necessary fields in order to submit an entry. Receipt of entries will not be confirmed by Sponsor. Entries must be received during the Opportunity Drawing Period.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS OPPORTUNITY DRAWING.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE OPPORTUNITY DRAWING. NO PURCHASE, CONTRIBUTION, PAYMENT, OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS OPPORTUNITY DRAWING. A CONTRIBUTION DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPPORTUNITY DRAWING VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. To enter with a contribution, click here. To enter without a contribution click here or see Section 7 below.
2. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Opportunity Drawing is Arnold Schwarzenegger and the Administrator is Crowdpac, Inc.
3. ELIGIBILITY: ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS REGARDING THE ELIGIBILITY OF ENTRANTS APPLY. THE OPPORTUNITY DRAWING IS OPEN TO INDIVIDUAL U.S. CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS (i.e., “GREEN CARD HOLDERS”) WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE OF THE FIFTY STATES, PUERTO RICO, OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY AS DETERMINED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF ENTRANTS MAKING CONTRIBUTIONS MUST CONFORM TO CONTRIBUTION LIMITATIONS AND PROHIBITIONS AS LISTED ON SPONSOR’S CONTRIBUTION PAGE. SPONSOR’S AND ADMINSTRATORS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, ONGOING CONTRACTORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS, OR THE IMMEDIATE FAMILIES OF EACH, ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER TO WIN THE OPPORTUNITY DRAWING. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE PRIZE TO YOU.
4. DISCLAIMER: Sponsor and Administrator, along with their affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Opportunity Drawing disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or Administrator or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Opportunity Drawing.
5. OPPORTUNITY DRAWING PERIOD: The Opportunity Drawing begins on September 5 2018, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time and ends on September 30, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (the “Opportunity Drawing Period”). In addition, every donor to this Crowdpac campaign as of the start of the Opportunity Drawing will receive an entry (the "Grandfathered Entries"). All entries, except the Grandfathered Entries, must be received within the Opportunity Drawing Period to be eligible to win a prize.
6. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: There are three ways to enter the Opportunity Drawing:
To enter by making a contribution, click here and follow the directions on the contribution page. Contributions must be made in compliance with the limitations and prohibitions of the law, as listed on the contribution page. No minimum contribution is required, and making a contribution will not increase your chances of winning.
To enter without making a contribution, click here and follow the directions on the free entry page.
8. PRIZE DESCRIPTION: (a) round-trip coach-class airplane tickets from the FAA designated "Primary" airport closest to the winner’s address within the fifty United States, Puerto Rico or the District of Columbia to Budapest, (b) ground transportation to and from the airport in Budapest, (c) the opportunity for winner to meet Arnold Schwarzenegger in October on the set of the new Terminator movie in Budapest or at a location to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The total approximate retail value of the Prize is $2000.
Sponsor or Administrator will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, hotel, flight dates, flight times, and airport and other Trip logistics and details. Dates of travel are subject to availability. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Trip above, the winner is responsible for ground transportation to and from the airports and hotel, all meals and all other expenses that such winner incurs in connection with the Trip. Sponsor or Administrator will also determine, in its sole discretion, the date, location, attendees, and all other relevant details of the Trip.
9. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Prize is awarded as-is with no warranties of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). The Prize is non-transferrable. The Prize may not be substituted for cash or any other Prize, except that Sponsor may, at its discretion, substitute a Prize of equal or greater value.
10. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) winner will be chosen by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held by the Administrator October 1, 2018.
Sponsor or Administrator may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner from receiving the Prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding the Prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Opportunity Drawing. The winner will be notified by phone or e-mail no later October 3, 2018. In the event that a winner fails to respond to Sponsor or Administrator's attempts to contact them or are otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award the Prize, Sponsor may select an additional winner by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
11. IDENTITY OF ONLINE ENTRANT. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an online entrant, online entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
12. WINNER RESTRICTIONS: As a condition of receipt of the Prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner must execute and deliver to Administrator: (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility; (b) a Liability Release; and (c) a Publicity Release giving Sponsor and Administrator permission to use, royalty-free, the name, hometown, and photographs and/or recordings of the winner in campaign Opportunity Drawing material or advertising. The winner must respond to his/her notification and complete and return all required documents within twenty-four (24) hours of notification in order to be awarded the Prize. If the winner does not meet eligibility requirements, fails to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours, or fails to return the signed documents within twenty-four (24) hours, he or she will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining entries, in the same manner as outlined above.
13. GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE: By entering the Opportunity Drawing, you release Sponsor, Administrator and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Opportunity Drawing or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
14. COPYRIGHTS & TRADEMARKS: The marks associated with this Opportunity Drawing are the sole property of Sponsor or Administrator. All Opportunity Drawing materials, including these Rules, are copyrighted works owned by Sponsor or Administrator.
15. REQUESTING RULES, NAME OF WINNER, OR DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE: To receive a written copy of the Opportunity Drawing rules, the name of the Opportunity Drawing winner, or a description of the Prize, please send your request and a self-addressed and stamped return envelope to Crowdpac, Inc., 535 Mission St, 14th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.
The name of the winner may be obtained beginning October 3, 2018. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
16. INTERPRETATIONS & DISPUTES: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor or Administrator's interpretation thereof. All interpretations of the Rules and other Opportunity Drawing materials shall be made at the sole discretion of Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor or Administrator's decisions are final and binding. Any disputes shall be governed by the laws of California and shall be resolved in the courts of the state of California, without regard to its or any other jurisdiction's choice of law provisions.
17. VIOLATION OF RULES & LAW: Entrants who attempt to violate or who violate these Rules will be disqualified. Entrants who tamper with Sponsor's computer or network systems, or other systems, in an attempt to disrupt the Opportunity Drawing or increase chances of winning, or violate any law governing this Opportunity Drawing, will be reported to relevant authorities and disqualified.
18. OTHER CONDITIONS: This Opportunity Drawing is void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply to this Opportunity Drawing. If any terms or provisions of the Official Rules are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Opportunity Drawing or any entrant's participation in the Opportunity Drawing should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Opportunity Drawing, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Opportunity Drawing as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Opportunity Drawing, tamper with the operation of the Opportunity Drawing or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Opportunity Drawing or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Opportunity Drawing. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Opportunity Drawing.
20. MISCELLANEOUS: Questions about this Opportunity Drawing may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Meet Arnold to Terminate Gerrymandering” in the subject line, or via U.S. mail to Crowdpac, Inc at 535 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94105.