Crowdpac’s mission is to make it easier for people to participate in politics, run for office, and to support candidates and causes that match their priorities and beliefs. We want to help end the stranglehold of big money donors and special interests on the political system.
We try to deliver on this mission through different products: crowdfunding tools to help people run for office for the first time, tools for organizations to grow their donor base, conditional pledging to hold politicians accountable, and for voters to find more information about down-ballot candidates. In the next year we’ll be iterating on all of these products and creating new ones. This is where you come in!
2017 Crowdpac San Francisco Fellowship Program
We are excited to offer Fellowships this summer in 2 areas of our company: Digital Media and Customer Support. Each fellow will have a direct manager who will help them gain concrete skills and positively contribute to Crowdpac.
This is a paid full time 10-week Fellowship program, with a flexible start date. You will work at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA (SOMA).
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 20 to be considered for a fellowship. Make sure you specify which Fellowship position you are applying to in your cover letter.
Key Qualifications for all Fellows:
- Strong knowledge and interest in American politics
- High technical literacy
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and remain effective under pressure in the face of changing priorities
The Digital Media Fellow for Crowdpac will produce social media content, email copy, assist with digital analytics and reporting, and work directly with senior staff at Crowdpac to implement a best-in-business digital program. Crowdpac's digital intern will have the opportunity to leave a large footprint on our digital presence and overall company -- we believe in empowering people to do big jobs, and strengthening our democracy demands it.
The Customer Success Fellow for Crowdpac will work closely with our donors and campaign creators to solve problems and address any concerns they have. This role will allow them to work with many different people at Crowdpac and provide feedback that we will use when making product changes. The Customer Success Fellow will help onboard new candidates, maintain our community guidelines through moderating user content and improve internal processes that will lead to happier customers. This role is perfect for someone looking to gain experience in customer success, technical support, or account management.
2017 Crowdpac Washington DC Fellowship Program
We are excited to offer a Fellowship in Crowdfunding. This is a paid full time 10-week Fellowship program, with a flexible start date. You will work at our DC office (near U Street Metro Stop).
The Political Crowdfunding Fellow for Crowdpac has a strong knowledge of US political institutions and players, is up to date with the political news cycle, has exceptional writing/marketing skills, and thrives in fast-paced environments. We are looking for a highly versatile, motivated person who can learn fast (you will be working with several different platforms) and has a great eye for trending topics and hot political issues. Working directly with the Political Director, you would help brainstorm and develop copy, coordinate with political candidates, and conduct research as needed.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20 to be considered for a fellowship.
Location: Washington, DC
Apply at: email@example.com
Crowdpac is expanding. We are hiring a Political Director to support and help build our growing community. We’re looking for smart DC-based candidates who love, live and breathe politics and who want to get into the tech world, working with a fast growing start up.
This is a hands-on role that will work directly with campaign creators to help with campaign strategy and engagement on a digital platform. It is an excellent networking opportunity and allows people who love politics to promote and support the issues they care about.
This candidate will report to the Head of Business Development.
Willing to do serious outreach and engagement. Recruit, train, and retain a community of political change makers to create and execute top notch fundraising, advocacy, and engagement campaigns on Crowdpac
- Develop and execute strategies to expose Crowdpac campaigns to new donors and communities of interest
- Build, manage, maintain robust pipeline of leads including political candidates, special interest groups, political organizations, non-profit orgs and ballot initiatives
- Stay up to date on political news, developments, and social media across the country to identify opportunities for new Crowdpac campaigns to suggest candidates, activists, or organizations
- Work closely with PR, Marketing, Support and Product teams to help add value to the Crowdpac experience for Crowdpac campaign creators
- Evangelize the Crowdpac product value proposition - embody the mission, vision & values of the organization in every conversation with prospects
- Act as a resource, provide support for, and assist campaign creators to help them reach their campaign goals
Track, follow up, and engage with all inbound and organic campaign leads to help them succeed
Ideal candidates have a passion for new technology, exceptional working knowledge of digital advocacy and fundraising, experience with organizational outreach and networking. This person is also motivated by the opportunity to take on big money in politics through empowering more candidates at every level of office to harness the political power of their communities through Crowdfunding. If you're passionate about changing politics, this is for you. The ideal candidate is a go-getter, has great contacts, is persistent and can close.
- Minimum of 2 cycles on campaigns with an understanding of political fundraising and organizing
- Comfortable engaging with all types of campaigns and organizations
- Ability to work and succeed in a fast-growing, dynamic environment
- Highly motivated, creative, dedicated and always deliver quality work
- Experience or exposure to working on digital campaigns and fundraising
- High technology literacy and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- A large network (aka rolodex) to call upon
- Willingness to be innovative, work outside the box and try new approaches
- Willingness to travel and work in flexible schedule
Location: San Francisco, CA
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include your resume and a link to your design portfolio or work samples)
Our product team is small but growing. This role presents an opportunity to have a very large and meaningful impact on the future of the company. You’ll be working very closely with engineers to build more useful and accessible products. You’ll also be working with data scientists and our political team to ensure our work is tailored for our customers. We are looking for designers who are comfortable with technology but are grounded in proven design principles. You may be a generalist or more focused on UX or visual design. In either case you should have a great eye for design and a repeatable process for delivering great work.
- Identify gaps and areas for improvement in our existing products.
- Driving the design process through ideation, research, prototyping, and visual design.
- Collaborate closely within the product team to iterate on existing features and imagine new ones.
- Crafting designs that connect the dots between user needs, data, business goals, and political impact.
Preferred skills and experience
- 3+ years of experience as a product or ux designer.
- At least 1 year of experience working on an in-house product team
- A strong visual aesthetic, experience creating visual systems and patterns, and delivering production-ready designs.
- A passion for civic engagement and politics.
- Conceptual thinking that balances user needs, business goals, and design patterns
- Familiarity with Sketch, prototyping, HTML, and CSS
- Bonus: Experience designing data visualizations to help illustrate complex information
- Bonus: Experience using data science as part of the design process
- Bonus: Experience committing your own front-end changes via github
Full-Stack Software Engineer
Apply at: email@example.com
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer who loves PHP and MySQL as much as HTML, CSS, and JS. Currently our small engineering team is three devs - we’re excited to have you join so that our site can reach more people and deliver true “difference-making” tools. We are open to remote candidates who have solid track record of working well collaboratively in distributed teams. We'd love if you have a passion for politics, but some of us have gained that on the job!
- Work closely with design/dev teams to continue to build out the Crowdpac website
- Work on our internal API and our data pipeline
- Take features from concept to code to release-ready
- Collaborate with your team and share knowledge
- 3+ years of professional experience writing code in PHP
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, and/or building REST web services
- Experience with a version control system (we use Git)
- Experience with CSS & JS (we use LESS & jQuery)
- Experience with a frontend framework (we use Bootstrap)
- Familiarity with Slack, Trello, Google Apps and other remote collaboration tools
- Clear communication skills
- Hands-on experience with various Amazon Web Services, or similar offerings from another cloud provider, is a plus
- Big-picture perspective, without losing attention to detail
- Ability to “own” projects and see them from start to finish
Applied Data Scientist
The data science team applies cutting-edge algorithms to what candidates say, how they vote, and how they network and fundraise to identify the positions and priorities of candidates. We also analyze our users’ activity and preferences to connect them to campaigns, causes, and fellow citizens they are most likely to find appealing. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and quickly take on significant responsibility.
As a member of the team you will:
- Design and build a scalable recommendation engine that operates on our large and heterogenous datasets
- Conduct advanced text analysis and statistical modeling to power our international and domestic web sites
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas
- Develop new algorithms and models to improve our products
Required qualifications include:
- BS/BA in computer science or a related discipline (e.g. Information Science), or equivalent work experience
- Experience building commercial recommendation systems
- As least 2 years working with ML in a production environment (classification and topic modeling, clustering, feature reduction, NLP), especially with large scale, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Proficiency in Python or similar language
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Startup energy and enthusiasm
Preferred qualifications include:
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with distributed computing and data storage technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Strong commitment to best practices including test-driven development and regular code reviews
- Interest in politics and social policy
Crowdpac is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Flexible vacation and work hours
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible and collaborative working environment