Crowdpac’s mission is to make it easier for people to participate in politics, run for office, and to support candidates and causes that match their priorities and beliefs. We want to help end the stranglehold of big money donors and special interests on the political system.
We try to deliver on this mission through different products: crowdfunding tools to help people run for office for the first time, tools for organizations to grow their donor base, conditional pledging to hold politicians accountable, and for voters to find more information about down-ballot candidates. In the next year we’ll be iterating on all of these products and creating new ones. This is where you come in!
Location: Washington, DC
Apply at: email@example.com (Please include your resume and cover letter)
The political team at Crowdpac is expanding. We are hiring campaign specialists to support and help build our growing community. We’re looking for smart DC-based candidates who love, live and breathe politics and to get into the tech world, working with a fast-growing start up.
This is a hands-on role that will work directly with campaign creators to help with campaign strategy and engagement on a digital platform.
- Act as a resource for campaign creators to help them reach their campaign goals
- Use your experience to provide fundraising strategies and general best practices
- Help creators craft messaging around their stories and campaigns, which may include writing copy
- Develop and execute strategies to expose Crowdpac campaigns to new donors and communities of interest
- Stay up to date on political news, developments, and social media across the country and identify political changemakers or causes that can create fundraising, advocacy, and engagement campaigns on Crowdpac
- Work closely with Support and Product teams to help add value to the Crowdpac experience for Crowdpac campaign creators
- Evangelize the Crowdpac product value proposition - embody the mission, vision & values of the organization in every conversation with prospects
Ideal candidates have a passion for new technology, exceptional working knowledge of digital advocacy and fundraising, and experience with organizational outreach and networking. This person is also motivated by the opportunity to take on big money in politics through empowering more candidates at every level of office to harness the political power of their communities through crowdfunding. If you're passionate about changing politics, this is for you. The ideal candidate is a go-getter, comfortable interfacing with candidates and campaign creators, has a broad network of contacts, is organized, and a creative problem-solver.
This candidate will report to the Political Director.
- Minimum of 2 cycles on campaigns with an understanding of political fundraising and organizing
- Experience working on or exposure to the digital and/or fundraising components of campaigns
- Comfortable engaging with all types of candidates, organizations, and campaign creators
- High technology literacy and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Willingness to be innovative, work outside the box and try new approaches
Crowdpac is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.