First of all, Personal Information means information you provide to us that specifically identifies you (such as your name, address, email address, or billing information) and your political positions and donation history that is directly linked to personally identifiable information.
Personal Information does not include aggregate information, which is data we collect about the use of our Site or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed.
What information we collect
Active Collection: Personal Information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit Crowdpac. We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you fill out a form, create an account or a profile, send us an email, sign-up to receive email or updates, connect through a social feed, make a donation, or request information. Such information may include Personal Information.
Personal Information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with creating a profile or group, leaving comments, posting a blog or other content, or participating in any interactive features on Crowdpac. In addition, from time to time we may collect demographic, contact or other personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, contests, games, promotions, and other activities on Crowdpac.
Campaign finance law and regulations also require us to collect certain Personal Information from those who donate to political candidates.
Passive Data Collection: When you use Crowdpac, some information is automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring website, and your activity on our Site. We treat this information as Personal Information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only, without personal identifiers.
The Site may contain links to other web sites. Crowdpac is not responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies solely to information collected by our Site.
What we do with your information
We use your Personal Information to give you relevant information. For example, we use your questionnaire responses to give you ‘best matches’ to candidates. Another example is that we use your zip code or your full address to locate the correct electoral districts for you, so we can give you an accurate personalized voting guide. We may use your email address to let you know about new services on our Site, or information about political issues, candidates and elections that may be of interest to you.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise share your Personal Information with any third parties except in the following specific circumstances:
- Compliance with Law. We may preserve or disclose your Personal Information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security, or technical issues; or to protect Crowdpac’s rights or property.
- Compliance with your wishes. Sometimes we will provide you with the opportunity to let us know that you would like to receive more information from, or share your contact or donation history with a candidate, organization or other partner of ours. If you affirmatively opt-in to such a request, we may share your information with them.
- Business Transfers. The promises in this Policy will apply to your Personal Information in the event that Crowdpac Inc is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or a sale of assets. However, your information may be transferred to another entity as part of that transaction.
- Campaigns. A Campaign is a web page that allows you to make a donation to one or more candidates, committees or organizations. If you contribute through a campaign, we may share your data with the campaign’s creator. Campaigns can be found at https://www.crowdpac.com/campaigns.
- Communities. A Crowdpac Community is a group of people that comes together to share ideas, provide mutual support, and engage in collective actions. Each community has one or more leaders. We may share your data, including donations, endorsements, and comments made through the communities, with the leaders of any community you join.
Once you are a registered user of our Site, we will provide you with tools and account settings to access, modify and delete the Personal Information you provide to us and which is associated with your account.
Crowdpac does not knowingly ask for or collect personally identifying information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided Crowdpac with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We value your opinions to make our site more useful and relevant. Our feedback link is for you to provide us with feedback, testimonials, suggestions and ideas about our products and services - or you may also provide such content through other means which we’ll call “Responses”. We may use any of your Responses in any way, without obligation to you.
The Crowdpac Site is presently limited to users based in the United States, so the privacy laws of the United States govern the use of our Site.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will make clear that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated. Unless otherwise stated in the amendment, the amended Policy will automatically be effective seven days after it is initially posted on the Site. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any Personal Information you provide will be used.
Questions or comments regarding your privacy or this Policy should be sent to email@example.com.
Effective date of this version: September 8, 2016