We must act now to join the national movement for justice reform and end the decades of discrimination and unfair treatment rampant within the Sheriffs Department. It is time for us to work together to stop the injustices and abuse towards individuals in custody and staff and give voice to those impacted.
Yes on D will create an oversight board who will:
- Appoint an Inspector General to evaluate the work of the Sheriffs Department, compile and recommend best practices, and conduct community outreach to hear public input regarding operations and jail conditions.
- Develop a use of force policy and comprehensive review process for all use of force and critical incidents.
- Investigate the death of any individual in the custody of the Sheriff's Department.
- Receive, review and investigate complaints of non-criminal misconduct by employees and contractors of the Sheriff's Department and in-custody deaths.
- Develop policy recommendations
Lawsuits against the San Francisco Sheriffs Department have cost the city millions in settlements excluding the staff time and resources spent on these cases. Having a Sheriff's Department Oversight Board and an Inspector Genera! will provide public transparency when investigating these incidences of misconduct, mistreatment, and abuse.
Yes on D: Sheriff Oversight will establish true public transparency, oversight, and accountability of the San Francisco Sheriff's Department. This measure was submitted to the ballot by a unanimous vote of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
Please join us and vote Yes on D: Sheriff Oversight now!
Visit our website at https://yesonpropositiond.com/.
If you prefer to donate via check, please make a check out to Sheriff Oversight Now, Yes on D and mail to 1 Kaiser Plz, Ste 650 Oakland, CA 94612.
Paid for by Sheriff Oversight Now, Yes on D. FPPC # 1432254.
Committee major funding from:
- California Barrel Company, LLC ($37,500)
- Recology Inc. ($10,000)
- San Francisco Labor & Neighbor Member Education/Political Issues Committee ($5,000) – Contributors include SEIU Local 1021 Issues PAC ($75,000) & IFPTE Local 21 Issues PAC Fund ($30,000)
Financial disclosures are available at sfethics.org.