Committed to the Community:
As the Justice of the Peace, I put my words into action. I am proud to say that the work I have done for my community has redirected our course. Less than a month on the bench, I was able to work with the district attorney to dismiss over 100,000-backlogged case in my court. My efforts and initiative prompted Dallas County officials to examine the other nine Justice Courts' backlogged cases. In total, Dallas County dismissed more than half a million cases, some dating all the way back to the 1940's. Click here to read about the mass dismissal.
One of my main goals in office is to restore the trust between the courts and the public. That can only way to achieve that is by making sure true and equitable justice is served. Therefore, I ensure that everyone's rights are protected and enforced. You can read more about my work.
Here are just a few of the small changes we’ve made that’s made a huge impact.
- All parking in the front of the courthouse has been designated as handicap parking spots.
- With the support of Dallas County, we’ve replaced all outdated computer equipment and software, allowing us to quickly and more efficiently serve Precinct 2.
- By cross training the court staff and clerks, we’ve decreased the wait time by more than half.
- We are now issuing birth certificates throughout the entire day instead of only two hours a days a previously issued.
- Our court is now hearing case 5 days a week, resulting in a drastic decrease in the number of backlogged cases, without the need to delay any current and incoming filings.
- We’ve installed a night drop to accommodate the citizens who aren’t able to see a clerk during the work day.
Dedication to Progress:
We have finally entered into the 21st century. Our court now has the capability to accept your civil filings and payments through E-File Texas. We are only the second JP Court in Dallas County to implement e-filing.
Documents are transferred through a secure connection, with no need to wait on a courier, or stand in line at the court, and you never need to leave your home or office to file a document at the last minute. With e-filing, you can file a document right up to the filing deadline.
Benefits of e-filing includes:
Free access to basic e-filing and e-service functionality Access to file-stamped copies of filings Online tracking and proof of delivery
24/7 filing and access to electronically filed document
We are proud to serve the citizens of Mesquite, Garland, Rowlett, Sachse, Sunnyvale, Balch Springs and East Dallas. Please look for more exciting changes in the near future.
Show your support for this campaign by endorsing it and sharing why!
Thank you for endorsing this campaign!
LINDA COX endorsed
“Katina has done more in her term that ANY other JP we have ever had here in Mesquite. She is a genuine person who sincerely cares about the law and the citizens”