I'm Genia Stevens. As a current Rock County Board Supervisor, I'm always open to talking to community members about what they feel is important. I make myself available to the people I serve.
Rock County is on a great path. Recently, the County Board has made some great strides and accomplished a lot for the community. Here are just a few of the most significant resolutions we've passed:
- The purchase of Camp Indian Trails using ARPA funds
- Establishing Tenant Legal Aid for Rock County residents using ARPA funds
- Passing the ARPA Small Business Resolution, providing $5 million dollars in grant funds to small businesses and establishing a dedicated small business consultant to provide support to Rock County businesses affected by the pandemic
- Authorization into a probe of the County's child welfare system
- Authorization to provide $350,000 in ARPA funding to Community Health Systems to help increase capacity for mental health services to the community
I'm running for re-election to ensure Rock County can stay the course and continue to address the challenges we continue to see in our community by using ARPA dollars and County funds in creative and economically feasible ways.